History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Greys Mallory Including Forecourt Walls to East and South East

A Grade II Listed Building in Bishop's Tachbrook, Warwickshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.252 / 52°15'7"N

Longitude: -1.5614 / 1°33'40"W

OS Eastings: 430039

OS Northings: 261621

OS Grid: SP300616

Mapcode National: GBR 5MK.VDZ

Mapcode Global: VHBXP.WNFJ

Entry Name: Greys Mallory Including Forecourt Walls to East and South East

Listing Date: 23 January 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1035258

English Heritage Legacy ID: 307961

Location: Bishop's Tachbrook, Warwick, Warwickshire, CV34

County: Warwickshire

District: Warwick

Civil Parish: Bishop's Tachbrook

Civil Parish/community: Bishop's Tachbrook

Traditional County: Warwickshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire

Church of England Parish: Bishop's Tachbrook St Chad

Church of England Diocese: Coventry

Find accommodation in
Barford

Listing Text

BISHOPS TACHBROOK Banbury Road
16/100
Greys Mallory including
forecourt walls to east
- and south-east

- II

Large house. Dated 1903 on foundation stone. Designed by Percy Richard Morley-
Horder (1870-1944). Built in Elizabethan style. L-shaped plan with house
forming N-S range; service wing and garage in E-W range. Steeply pitched plain
tile roofs with gabled ends. Red brick plinth; rough cast rendered with stone
dressings. House of two storeys and seven bays. Centrally placed entrance
door with semicircular portico of four stone columns. Above entrance a
three-light stone mullioned casement with leaded panes. To left and right of
entrance two-storey bay windows with semicircular headed gables. At ground
floor 10-light stone mullioned and transomed casements with leaded panes. At
first floor five-light stone mullioned casements with leaded panes. Remainder
of windows are casements of one, two and three lights with leaded panes. Three
red brick chimney stacks at ridge, each with three diagonally placed shafts.
Interior: fine period interiors particularly to ground floor rooms. Attached
at right angles to right of house is a slightly lower two-storey service wing
and one-storey and attic garage and cottage. Central carriage arch with
lantern above, containing clock, cupola and weathervane. Brick walls with
stone dressings to east and south sides of forecourt.

Listing NGR: SP3003961621

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.