This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.2796 / 52°16'46"N
Longitude: -1.5912 / 1°35'28"W
OS Eastings: 427989
OS Northings: 264682
OS Grid: SP279646
Mapcode National: GBR 5MB.0JS
Mapcode Global: VHBXH.CYPV
Entry Name: Moss House
Listing Date: 19 March 1973
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1035386
English Heritage Legacy ID: 307665
Location: Warwick, Warwick, Warwickshire, CV34
Civil Parish: Warwick
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire
Church of England Parish: Warwick St Paul
Church of England Diocese: Coventry
1781 WEST STREET
(North West Side)
SP 2764 8/266
Probably second quarter of C19. 3 storey house of ashlar. Symmetrical
3 window front punctuated by two simple reeded pilasters. Another bay
1 window wide to right hand side, with single pilaster on corner. Plain
projecting plinth and string band at first floor. Stone portico with Doric
pilasters, frieze, cornice. Segmental-headed entrance with moulded archivolt.
Ornamental fanlight and glazed doors. Sashes, glazing bars, plain reveals.
Openings over and to left hand side of doorway were blocked up. One additional
window inserted under right hand pilaster, which is 2 storeys high only.
Similar 3 storey 3 window elevation to Bowling Green Street, with door
and fanlight in plain reveals. Simple cornice at eaves. Low pitched hipped
roof of Welsh slates, with cornice. Pilasters panelled. Double pilaster
right of centre. Formerly St Paul's Vicarage. ? retains fine Regency
staircase and chimney pieces.
Listing NGR: SP2798964682
Other nearby listed buildings