This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.2801 / 52°16'48"N
Longitude: -1.5898 / 1°35'23"W
OS Eastings: 428080
OS Northings: 264738
OS Grid: SP280647
Mapcode National: GBR 5MB.0WK
Mapcode Global: VHBXH.DYDG
Entry Name: Quaker Meeting House
Listing Date: 10 January 1953
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1035431
English Heritage Legacy ID: 307483
Location: Warwick, Warwick, Warwickshire, CV34
Civil Parish: Warwick
Built-Up Area: Warwick
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire
Church of England Parish: Warwick St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Coventry
1781 HIGH STREET
Quaker Meeting House
(behind No 39)
SP 2864 NW 1/72 10.1.53.
Land acquired in 1671, northern part of Meeting House built in 1690s, southern
part mid C18. 1 storey 3-bay red brick building of simple character with
2 storey portion connecting with the front part of No 39. Transomed and
mullioned wood frames with casements, rectangular leaded lights and camber-
headed openings. Stone quoins to right hand aide and stone plinth with
simple semi-circular stone well head against the building. 2 storey portion
adjoining house has two flush gabled dormers and (probably later C18) entrance
doors with plain hood. Continuous roof of attractive old tiles. The interior
of Meeting House has panelling of pine. Gallery at end nearest house.
the large open fireplace appears to be C18. Good setting in attractive
All the listed buildings in High Street (South Side) form a group.
Listing NGR: SP2808064738
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings