This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.2833 / 52°16'59"N
Longitude: -1.5881 / 1°35'17"W
OS Eastings: 428192
OS Northings: 265100
OS Grid: SP281651
Mapcode National: GBR 5M4.THR
Mapcode Global: VHBXH.FV8Z
Entry Name: County Library Headquarters End Pavilions
Listing Date: 19 March 1973
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1035480
English Heritage Legacy ID: 307400
Location: Warwick, Warwick, Warwickshire, CV34
Civil Parish: Warwick
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire
Church of England Parish: Warwick St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Coventry
1781 THE BUTTS
(South West Side)
SP 2865 SW 3/421
Two buildings of fairly similar design intended to form a balanced composition
either side of a yard. C18. Ashlar, Welsh slates. 2 storeys, pediments
semi-circular panel on left, window on right, both with archivolts. Left
building has 2 windows in reveals under lintels, ground floor sashes with
glazing bars, first floor casements. Central wide segmentally arched panel
containing 2 fold door; first floor central dummy window. Building on
right has tall arched panel with, first floor small loft door under lintel.
County Library Headquarters. Nos 2 to 14 (even), The Old Deanery and
The Glebe House, and the Stone Wall to the Deanery Garden, all form a group.
Listing NGR: SP2819265100
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings