This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.283 / 52°16'58"N
Longitude: -1.5874 / 1°35'14"W
OS Eastings: 428242
OS Northings: 265063
OS Grid: SP282650
Mapcode National: GBR 5M4.TQ9
Mapcode Global: VHBXH.FWN7
Entry Name: The Glebe House the Old Deanery
Listing Date: 10 January 1953
Last Amended: 19 March 1973
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1035481
English Heritage Legacy ID: 307402
Location: Warwick, Warwick, Warwickshire, CV34
Civil Parish: Warwick
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire
Church of England Parish: Warwick St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Coventry
1781 THE BUTTS
(South West Side)
The Old Deanery
and The Glebe House
(formerly listed as
The Old Deanery)
SP 2865 SW 3/255 10.1.53.
2 storey timber-framed building with 2 small flush gables. Right hand
side dates from C15 and has original timber framing internally. Remainder
of later (probably C17) square timber framing, some of which is exposed
on upper floor. The rest of elevation facing road is covered in roughcast
and has modern, satisfactory alterations, including gabled porch and casements
with leaded lights. To rear a fair amount of original timber framing is
South end wall is of stone and has gable head of square timber framing
with heavy tie beams. Machine and old tiles.
County Library Headquarters, Nos 2 to 14 (even), The Old Deanery and
The Glebe House, and the Stone Wall to the Deanery Garden, all form a group.
Listing NGR: SP2824265063
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings