This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.2818 / 52°16'54"N
Longitude: -1.5846 / 1°35'4"W
OS Eastings: 428438
OS Northings: 264937
OS Grid: SP284649
Mapcode National: GBR 5M4.VLV
Mapcode Global: VHBXH.HX53
Entry Name: Portion of Boundary Wall to Grounds of Warwick Castle Abutting Castle Hill and East Part of Castle Lane
Listing Date: 10 January 1953
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1035506
English Heritage Legacy ID: 307362
Location: Warwick, Warwick, Warwickshire, CV34
Civil Parish: Warwick
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire
Church of England Parish: Warwick St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Coventry
1781 Portion of Boundary
Wall to grounds of Warwick
Castle abutting Castle
Hill and east part of
SP 2864 NW 1/305
SP 2864 NE 2/305 10.1.53.
Ashlar. 1789 by William Eborall. Part of the improvements to the grounds
of Warwick Castle commissioned by George Greville, 2nd Earl. Sandstone,
Warwick Castle, with its Boundary Walls, Stables, conservatory, Mill
and Lodge form a group.
Listing NGR: SP2843864937
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings