History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Sandpits Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Pillerton Priors, Warwickshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.1253 / 52°7'30"N

Longitude: -1.5721 / 1°34'19"W

OS Eastings: 429387

OS Northings: 247524

OS Grid: SP293475

Mapcode National: GBR 5P2.RBP

Mapcode Global: VHBY8.PVQ4

Entry Name: Sandpits Farmhouse

Listing Date: 27 October 1982

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1035524

English Heritage Legacy ID: 307299

Location: Pillerton Priors, Stratford-on-Avon, Warwickshire, CV35

County: Warwickshire

District: Stratford-on-Avon

Civil Parish: Pillerton Priors

Traditional County: Warwickshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire

Church of England Parish: Pillerton Hersey with Pillerton Priors

Church of England Diocese: Coventry

Find accommodation in
Ettington

Listing Text

PILLERTON PRIORS
SP2947
13/60 Sandpits Farmhouse
27/10/82

- II

Farmhouse. C17 with C18 front range, and reroofed 1864. Squared, coursed
limestone rubble with ironstone dressings, and plinth. Old tile roof with
central ridge stack, now brick, the original stone base remaining. 2 storeys.
3-window range. L-shaped plan. To centre an old plank door with C19 hood.
Limestone quoin surrounds with lintel and keyblock. 2 blocked window openings to
left, the lintels remaining. To right, a C19 casement with quoined surround,
lintel and keyblock. To first floor left and right a 3-light casement. Above
door a 2-light casement with lintel and keyblock. C17 range to rear has window
opening, possibly once a mullioned window, with chamfered lintel, hood mould and
label stops. Further C17 window opening to internal angle of range, with moulded
surround, hood mould and label stops. Blocked window opening above. Mid C19
one-storey range attached to rear, dated 1864. Attached to right a late C18
brick range with casements and segmental arches. Interior: said to have
4-centred fireplace upstairs. Datestone outside inscribed "REROOFED 1864".
(V.C.H.: Warwickshire, Vol.5, p.136).


Listing NGR: SP2938747524

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.