History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Sundial Cottage

A Grade II Listed Building in Tredington, Warwickshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.0775 / 52°4'39"N

Longitude: -1.6649 / 1°39'53"W

OS Eastings: 423064

OS Northings: 242182

OS Grid: SP230421

Mapcode National: GBR 5PJ.RX5

Mapcode Global: VHBYM.316P

Entry Name: Sundial Cottage

Listing Date: 16 May 1988

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1035665

English Heritage Legacy ID: 306644

Location: Tredington, Stratford-on-Avon, Warwickshire, CV36

County: Warwickshire

District: Stratford-on-Avon

Civil Parish: Tredington

Traditional County: Warwickshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire

Church of England Parish: Tredington St Gregory

Church of England Diocese: Coventry

Find accommodation in
Ilmington

Listing Text

TREDINGTON
SP2342 (East side)
Darlingscott
13/257 Sundial Cottage

GV II

House. Dated 1681 but of 2 building periods. Squared, coursed lias rubble with
ashlar quoins, mullioned windows and stone coped gable to right. Stone slate
roof with rendered ridge stack and limestone and brick external stack to rear.
Four-unit, lobby entry plan. 2 storeys plus attic; 4-window range. To centre a
C20 door with old wood lintel. C20 wood porch. To either side of door a 4-light
stone mullioned window with double chamfered surround, the central mullion also
double chamfered. To ground and first floor left and right a 2-light mullioned
window with double chamfered surround. To first floor centre left and centre
right a 3-light mullioned window with double chamfered surround. All windows
have hood moulds with label stops. Window to first floor centre right has
original leaded lights, one inscribed 16?3. The central light has old iron
casement. C20 hipped dormers. To centre left of wall a sundial dated 1681. C20
one-storey range to rear. Interior: 2 open fireplaces with bread ovens, one
blocked. Timber bressumers with ogee stops. Chamfered spine beams with ogee
stops to ground and first floors. Some original plank doors and plank and
moulded muntin partitions. Further fireplace to first floor with timber
bressumer and stepped stop. Stone flagged lobby. Some roof timbers replaced.


Listing NGR: SP2306442182

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.