This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.2816 / 51°16'53"N
Longitude: -1.6541 / 1°39'14"W
OS Eastings: 424218
OS Northings: 153667
OS Grid: SU242536
Mapcode National: GBR 607.NLN
Mapcode Global: VHC2H.81WT
Entry Name: Church of St Andrew
Listing Date: 27 May 1964
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1035950
English Heritage Legacy ID: 312319
Location: Collingbourne Ducis, Wiltshire, SN8
Civil Parish: Collingbourne Ducis
Built-Up Area: Collingbourne Ducis
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
COLLINGBOURNE DUCIS CHURCH STREET
SU 25 SW
8/108 Church of St Andrew
Anglican parish church. C12, C14-early C15, restored by G.E.
Street 1856, and in 1877 by Sir Arthur Blomfield, again in 1902.
Flint and brick with limestone dressings, tiled roofs. C12 nave
with aisles and south porch of 1877. Chancel, heavily restored
1856 and vestry added. West tower. Aisle windows, 2 and 3-light
square headed, C14-C15 mostly replaced C19. Chancel has C14 type
2-light windows with 3 and 4-foiled heads. Three-light east
window. Rectangular west tower of 3 stages, with angle buttresses
and large 3-light west window. Pigeon opening with ledges and
stair in south-east corner. Crenellated parapet with corner
Interior: Inner door, C15, four centred and 2 hollow chamfered.
Nave, plastered in C19. Late C12 arcades of 3 bays, both with
round columns and square abaci to varied scalloped capitals. C19
roof of 3 bays. Lean-to aisles under continuation of roof.
Chancel arch 1877 on stretched corbels. Open timber roof of 4 bays
with arch braces and moulded purlins. Sill of south-east window
dropped as sedilia, and piscina on south, holy vessel shelf on
north. Organ chamber opening on north side. Tower has dovecote
around walls of middle stage. Fittings: All C19. Simple stone
cup bowl font on column. Carved oak pulpit. Panelled reredos.
Sanctuary rail, and choir stalls and pews. Glass: C19 west window
by Ward & Hughes, 1887. East window 1878. Monuments: Nave has
two C20 polished terazzo tablets, (a) 1961, to Rev Arthur Brown,
(b) 1961, to Rev Philip Ormsby. Brasses: In chancel, 1631, to
Edward Saintmaur (Seymour) aged 11 months, epitaph and engraved
portrait. Also three x C19 brasses. North Aisle: Painted stone
tablet to John Vincent, died 1756. Organ chamber: White and grey
marble tablet by King of Bath, to Rev William Tomlins, died 1788.
Under tower: Charity board, 1862 recording legacy of George
Hooper of £3 a year to the oldest widows of the parish.
Listing NGR: SU2421853667
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings