History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Barn Approximately 20 Metres East of Belcombe Court

A Grade II Listed Building in Bradford-on-Avon, Wiltshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.3445 / 51°20'40"N

Longitude: -2.2627 / 2°15'45"W

OS Eastings: 381797

OS Northings: 160635

OS Grid: ST817606

Mapcode National: GBR 0R0.QQ9

Mapcode Global: VH96V.QGNN

Entry Name: Barn Approximately 20 Metres East of Belcombe Court

Listing Date: 23 August 1974

Last Amended: 12 October 1990

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1036021

English Heritage Legacy ID: 312501

Location: Bradford-on-Avon, Wiltshire, BA15

County: Wiltshire

Civil Parish: Bradford-on-Avon

Traditional County: Wiltshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire

Church of England Parish: Bradford-on-Avon Holy Trinity

Church of England Diocese: Salisbury

Find accommodation in
Bradford on Avon

Listing Text

ST 86 SW BELCOMBE ROAD
(north side)

Barn approx 20 m E
of Belcombe Court
(formerly listed as
Grotto in Grounds
to West of Belcombe
Court)

GV 23.8.74 II

the description shall be amended to read:

Barn, now outbuilding. C15, rebuilt c.1900 after fire. Coursed and dressed
limestone rubble; stone-coped gabled stone slate roof. South porch has diagonal
clasping buttresses, hood mould over large double-chamfered pointed-arched doorway,
and c.1900 pointed-arched doorway to left side. Interior: 7-bay butt-purlin roof,
mostly C18.

------------------------------------

1. BELCOMBE ROAD
5411 (North Side)

Barn to east of Belcombe
Court and to south of
Stables
ST 86 SW 6/116C 18.4.52.

II GV

2.
Late medieval, but with considerable restoration (probably in C19). Ashlar
with old stone-tiled roof. Gabled and buttressed with a plain loop in
each bay. The central porch has a gable and a large quadrilateral-arched
doorway (renewed) with moulded head and jambs. Large, blind window in
west gable-end with intercesting tracery and hood-mould.

Belcombe Court forms an important group with the Temple, Stables, Barn,
Grotto and Cottage to the west.


Listing NGR: ST8179360637

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.