This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.3457 / 51°20'44"N
Longitude: -2.2514 / 2°15'5"W
OS Eastings: 382583
OS Northings: 160761
OS Grid: ST825607
Mapcode National: GBR 1SC.FMP
Mapcode Global: VH96V.XFMR
Entry Name: Baptist Chapel
Listing Date: 18 April 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1036109
English Heritage Legacy ID: 312685
Location: Bradford-on-Avon, Wiltshire, BA15
Civil Parish: Bradford-on-Avon
Built-Up Area: Bradford on Avon
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Bradford-on-Avon Holy Trinity
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
1. ST MARGARET'S STREET
5411 (East Side)
ST 8260 2/108 18.4.52.
Founded 1689, rebuilt 1797. Approached by steps up from road under archway
in No l4B. Ashlar. 3 windows on 2 levels. 2-light pointed windows with
Y-tracery. Casements with Gothic glazing bars. Moulded cornice and plain
parapet. Square-headed centre doorway, panelled double doors (3 panels
each). Stone doorcase with Tuscan 3/4 columns on pedestals, entablature
and pediment. Wrought-iron lamp brackets. 6 steps up to door.
The Three Horseshoes and Nos 1 to 4 (consec) Frome Road form a group with
the Liberal Club, The Baptist Chapel, the Congregational Church and Hall
and Nos 6 to 16 (consec), 19 to 22 (consec), 36, 42 to 49 (consec) and Westbury
House, St Margaret's Street and No 1 St Margaret's Hill.
Listing NGR: ST8258360761
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings