This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.3467 / 51°20'48"N
Longitude: -2.2518 / 2°15'6"W
OS Eastings: 382557
OS Northings: 160875
OS Grid: ST825608
Mapcode National: GBR 1SC.FJ1
Mapcode Global: VH96V.XDDZ
Entry Name: War Memorial in Grounds to East of Westbury House
Listing Date: 23 August 1974
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1036120
English Heritage Legacy ID: 312705
Location: Bradford-on-Avon, Wiltshire, BA15
Civil Parish: Bradford-on-Avon
Built-Up Area: Bradford on Avon
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Bradford-on-Avon Holy Trinity
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
1. ST MARGARET'S STREET
5411 (West Side)
War Memorial in grounds
to east of Westbury House
ST 8260 2/254
Erected 1922. Ashlar. Square plinth with banded rustication and segmental-
headed panels on 4 sides. Moulded cornice also with segmental sections
to each side. Above, each side has 4 blank fields with metal wreaths.
4 freestanding stone urns on corners. Crowning the memorial is a tall
square obelisk with tapered top.
The Three Horseshoes and Nos 1 to 4 (consec) Frome Road form a group with
the Liberal Club, The Baptist Chapel, the Congregational Church and Hall
and Nos 6 to 16 (consec) 19 to 22 (consec), 36, 42 to 49 (consec) and Westbury
House, St Margarets Street and No 1 St Margarets Hill.
Listing NGR: ST8255760875
This List entry has been amended to add sources for War Memorials Online and the War Memorials Register. These sources were not used in the compilation of this List entry but are added here as a guide for further reading, 16 December 2016.
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings