This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.3469 / 51°20'48"N
Longitude: -2.2564 / 2°15'22"W
OS Eastings: 382241
OS Northings: 160899
OS Grid: ST822608
Mapcode National: GBR 1SC.DCL
Mapcode Global: VH96V.VD0T
Entry Name: St Mary's Chapel and Attached Cottage (Sometimes Known As the Hermitage)
Listing Date: 18 April 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1036140
English Heritage Legacy ID: 312746
Location: Bradford-on-Avon, Wiltshire, BA15
Civil Parish: Bradford-on-Avon
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Bradford-on-Avon Holy Trinity
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
5411 (West End)
St Mary's Chapel and
attached Cottage (sometimes
known as the Hermitage)
ST 8260 2/29 18.4.52.
Magnificently placed on a site overlooking the town. Late medieval with
C19 restorations. Small T-shaped building in coursed rubble with stone-tiled
roofs. Ashlar quoins and window dressings. Original Perpendicular window
in east wall, square-headed with 3 lights. Small bellcote on roof with
tracery instead of bells. The tiny chapel was restored in 1877, but one
original canopied niche remains on east wall inside.
All the listed buildings in Tory form a group with Budbury House, Budbury
Place. St Mary's Chapel and gates also form a group with No 12 Wine Street
Listing NGR: ST8223760900
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings