This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.2065 / 51°12'23"N
Longitude: -2.1891 / 2°11'20"W
OS Eastings: 386887
OS Northings: 145276
OS Grid: ST868452
Mapcode National: GBR 1V5.CCH
Mapcode Global: VH97H.0XLY
Entry Name: St Boniface College at Warminster School
Listing Date: 31 March 1978
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1036188
English Heritage Legacy ID: 312860
Location: Warminster, Wiltshire, BA12
Civil Parish: Warminster
Built-Up Area: Warminster
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Warminster St Denys
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
WARMINSTER CHURCH STREET
St Boniface College at
ST 8645 SE 5/71
Centre part oldest, 1796 by David Glascodine of Bristol. 3 storeys over basement.
Ashlar stone on rusticated lower ground floor with plain string at ground
floor level. Moulded cornice and parapet with moulded coping. 3 ranges of
glazing bar sash windows except basement which has 2 small lights. Tripartite
outer windows, outer lights blocked to right and on 2nd floor, to left. Central
1st floor window arched with radiating and wreathed glazing. Extension to
right of same date in coursed and squared rubble; oriel bay window on 1st
floor, tripartite window over. The west front has two 3 storey angular bays
with cornice flanking central window on upper floors and 6 panel central door
with side lights in plain arched surround; ramped railings curled at bottom
Right hand wing: Large neo-Jacobean by J.A.Reeve 1897. 2 1/2 and 3 1/2 storeys;
dressed stone; moulded strings, cornice and balustraded parapet, finials to
gabled dormers, single light windows 1st floor, 3 light within Tudor arches
on ground floor, bracket consoles to buttresses flanking gabled break to right.
North and west fronts more opulent still, projecting entrance in angle to
Left hand wing: Quite impressive Gothic. 1927 by Sir Charles Nicholson.
'L' plan: south wing has large chapel with cusped tracery lights over library.
Projection to road has wide entrance and stair turret linked to 1796 block.
Listing NGR: ST8688645279
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings