This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.2055 / 51°12'19"N
Longitude: -2.1881 / 2°11'17"W
OS Eastings: 386956
OS Northings: 145162
OS Grid: ST869451
Mapcode National: GBR 1V5.CMK
Mapcode Global: VH97H.1Y3Q
Entry Name: Teddington House
Listing Date: 28 April 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1036195
English Heritage Legacy ID: 312877
Location: Warminster, Wiltshire, BA12
Civil Parish: Warminster
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Warminster St Denys
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
WARMINSTER CHURCH STREET
ST 8645 SE 5/61 28.4.52.
Circa 1700 or possibly rebuilt circa 1745 when it was sold from Longleat Estate.
2 storeys and attic.
Main block: Ashlar stone on projecting plinth with moulded capping. Rusticated
quoins. Moulded string 1st floor level and bold moulded stone cornice, broken
forward over quoins. Glazing bar sash windows. 2 segmental headed dormers
with moulded cornices, and tile-hung cheeks, each with small 4 pane sashes.
5 windows on 1st floor. All windows with stone architrave surrounds. Internal
shutters with raised and fielded panels. 6 panel central door in stone architrave
with plain stone surround crowned with moulded cornice and pediment on plain
scroll brackets. Foot scrapers recessed each side of door. Elevation returned
to right. Hipped old tile roof carried through over stable wing which is
a plainer circa 1700 2 storey extension to left of coursed and squared rubble
with ashlar quoins, projecting plinth, weathered string at 1st floor level,
and small moulded eaves cornice. Central plain stable door, 1 range of glazing
bar sash windows to right. The interior of Teddington House has a small
staircase and has been somewhat altered. Central passage leads to former
kitchen which has C18 Tudor arched fireplace with beaded inner edge. Front
room on left of entrance panelled. Alterations probably date from circa
1875 when the stable wing to left was incorporated with main house.
Listing NGR: ST8695645162
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings