This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.2075 / 51°12'26"N
Longitude: -2.1858 / 2°11'8"W
OS Eastings: 387119
OS Northings: 145378
OS Grid: ST871453
Mapcode National: GBR 1V6.66S
Mapcode Global: VH97H.2XB7
Entry Name: Manor House
Listing Date: 31 March 1978
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1036220
English Heritage Legacy ID: 312933
Location: Warminster, Wiltshire, BA12
Civil Parish: Warminster
Built-Up Area: Warminster
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Warminster St Denys
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
WARMINSTER MANOR GARDENS
ST 8745 SW 6/91
Rebuilt 1791 by a timber merchant (Thomas Marsh, tenant of Lord Bath). Ground
floor connected to offices. 3 storeys and attic. Altered. Ashlar with projecting
plinth and strings at 1st and 2nd floor cill levels. Small moulded cornice
and blocking course. Hipped old tile roof, 2 chimneys, one ashlar with low
moulded capping. 2 hipped dormers. Central bay has a slight projection.
Glazing bar sash windows. 3 windows on 2nd floor. 2 storey C19 angular bay
to left hand. 2 other windows on 1st floor and one segmental headed window
to right hand on ground floor. 6 panel central door with arched fanlight
of radiating glazing pattern under plain stone Doric porch. Modern 2 storey
extension to left hand in keeping with original design and with 4 windows
on west front. East front has one window per floor (segmental fanned head
on ground floor). Slender staircase of square plan with twisted rail at base,
galleried landing. Palmette ceiling mouldings in room to right of entrance.
Listing NGR: ST8711945378
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings