This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.2048 / 51°12'17"N
Longitude: -2.1911 / 2°11'28"W
OS Eastings: 386744
OS Northings: 145087
OS Grid: ST867450
Mapcode National: GBR 1V5.JT8
Mapcode Global: VH97G.ZZ07
Entry Name: Converted Coach House to North East wren House
Listing Date: 28 April 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1036254
English Heritage Legacy ID: 313026
Location: Warminster, Wiltshire, BA12
Civil Parish: Warminster
Built-Up Area: Warminster
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Warminster St Denys
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
WARMINSTER VICARAGE STREET
28.4.52. No 32 (Wren House)
Converted Coach House
ST 8645 SE 5/54
An extremely good example of an early Georgian 5 bay house. Probably circa
1720 or 1730. 2 storeys and attic with a hipped mansard old tile roof. Coursed
rubble on projecting plinth with moulded coping, plain string over ground
floor windows, rusticated quoins, moulded and bracketted cornice and parapet.
Slight central break, with pediment and quoined bullseye, Venetian window
on 1st floor and wide 6 panel door on ground floor with Gibbs surround moulded
and bracketted cornice, and narrow flanking windows. Altered glazing to sash
windows, 2 ranges on each side of centre with architraves. 2 small mullioned
windows to cellars below plinth. 2 dormers with architrave surrounds, central
keyblocks and cornice and pediment.
Interior retains several period features - vaulted cellars; fine oak staircase
with 3 balusters to tread, uncut string with scrolls and guttae, scrolled
end piece, ramped dado; 2 light stair window with stop moulded mullion; eared
surround to fireplace in room on ground floor to right (from 1st floor).
Long former stable wing to rear of stone with brick quoins - recently and
well converted to accommodation with reused glazing bar sash windows. Former
coach-house, to east converted into dwelling. 1 1/2 storeys, brick lacing course
and pigeon holes.
Listing NGR: ST8674445087
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings