This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.1445 / 51°8'40"N
Longitude: -2.0308 / 2°1'50"W
OS Eastings: 397943
OS Northings: 138357
OS Grid: ST979383
Mapcode National: GBR 2XH.3F2
Mapcode Global: VHB5D.RH8H
Entry Name: Topps
Listing Date: 11 September 1968
Last Amended: 11 December 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1036495
English Heritage Legacy ID: 313609
Location: Stockton, Wiltshire, BA12
Civil Parish: Stockton
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Middle Wylye Valley
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
STOCKTON HIGH STREET
ST 93 NE
7/136 Topps (formerly listed as Topps
Detached house. Mid Cl7, altered early C18 and early C19,
restored 1966. Coursed rubble stone, English garden wall bond
brick, thatched roof with coped verges and stone and brick stacks.
Gable end to road. Two-storey, 5-window east front. Early
C19 brick range to left has half-glazed door with flat wooden hood
and 2-light casement, 2-light and 3-light first floor leaded
casements, early C18 dressed limestone range to right has 2-light,
3-light and 4-light recessed chamfered mullioned casements to
ground and first floor. Right return, gable end to road has stone
ground floor and brick first floor with 1966 restoration plaque,
attic light. Rear has flat-roofed C20 porch and extension to
right, 2-light leaded casement to right of stone and brick lateral
stack, 2-light mullioned casement with hoodmould to left, first
floor has 2-light mullioned casement to left and 2-light and 3-
light casements to right.
Interior not accessible at time of survey (April 1987).
Listing NGR: ST9794338357
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings