History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Old Rectory

A Grade II Listed Building in Upton Lovell, Wiltshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.1677 / 51°10'3"N

Longitude: -2.0812 / 2°4'52"W

OS Eastings: 394415

OS Northings: 140937

OS Grid: ST944409

Mapcode National: GBR 2X1.NNK

Mapcode Global: VH97Q.WX28

Entry Name: The Old Rectory

Listing Date: 11 December 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1036499

English Heritage Legacy ID: 313622

Location: Upton Lovell, Wiltshire, BA12

County: Wiltshire

Civil Parish: Upton Lovell

Traditional County: Wiltshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire

Church of England Parish: Upton Lovell St Augustine of Canterbury

Church of England Diocese: Salisbury

Find accommodation in
Heytesbury

Listing Text

UPTON LOVELL UPTON LOVELL VILLAGE
ST 94 SW
(north side)
3/148 The Old Rectory
GV II
Rectory, now detached house. Late C17, extended early C19.
Flemish bond brick on moulded plinth with chamfered stone quoins
and stone dressings, tiled roof. Two-span roof over two parallel
ranges. Two-storey, 5-window. Central 6-panelled door in eared
stone architrave with transom light over, two cross windows in
eared architraves either side. Stone plat band to first floor;
five cross windows in eared architraves; none retain original
glazing bars. Right return with two external stacks with offsets,
pivot-hung window and single-casement to first floor, C19 lean-to
attached to right return. Left return has 12-pane and 4-pane sash
to ground floor, two 12-pane sashes to first floor. Rear C19
rubble stone range has central glazed door, two 12-pane sashes
either side and five sashes to first floor, dentil brick eaves
cornice.
Interior: south-east and north-east sitting rooms have reeded C19
fireplaces. Front range has shutters with fielded panels, some
doors with 2 fielded panels, deep chamfered first floor beams with
runout stops, six-bay late C17 roof with collars. Ceased to be
occupied as the rectory in 1948.


Listing NGR: ST9441540937

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.