History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Royal Hospital School and Walls Attached to Right and Left

A Grade II Listed Building in Holbrook, Suffolk

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.9742 / 51°58'27"N

Longitude: 1.1502 / 1°9'0"E

OS Eastings: 616460

OS Northings: 235326

OS Grid: TM164353

Mapcode National: GBR TNV.3MQ

Mapcode Global: VHLC5.WMDX

Entry Name: Royal Hospital School and Walls Attached to Right and Left

Listing Date: 23 February 1989

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1036883

English Heritage Legacy ID: 277479

Location: Holbrook, Babergh, Suffolk, IP9

County: Suffolk

District: Babergh

Civil Parish: Holbrook

Built-Up Area: Royal Hospital School

Traditional County: Suffolk

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Suffolk

Church of England Parish: Holbrook All Saints

Church of England Diocese: St.Edmundsbury and Ipswich

Find accommodation in
Bentley

Listing Text

TM 13 NE HOLBROOK STUTTON ROAD

2/104 Nos 16, 17, 18 and 19,
Royal Hospital School and
walls attached to right
and left

GV II

Block of 4 houses. Circa 1925-33. Buckland and Heywood. Red brick with hanging
tiles to first floor. Central band. Dark red plain tiled roof with forward hipped
gables to right and left. 3 chimneystacks to centre ridge. 2 storeys. 1:6:1
window range of small paned vertically sliding sashes, moulded surrounds, gauged
brick arches to ground floor, 2-storey angled bays to right and left gables. Four
6-panel doors, moulded surrounds, flat canopies on brackets, situated to right and
left of right and left gables respectively and central to each pair of centre range
windows. Central pedestrian entrance with square head. The brick walls attached
to right and left continue through the staff accommodation houses of the School
with panelled gates in round-headed arches leading into the rear gardens, the wall
to the west (left) incorporates a bus stop shelter.


Listing NGR: TM1646035326

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.