This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.9664 / 51°57'59"N
Longitude: 1.2309 / 1°13'51"E
OS Eastings: 622044
OS Northings: 234699
OS Grid: TM220346
Mapcode National: GBR VQ9.L1N
Mapcode Global: VHLC7.9T2Y
Entry Name: Erwarton Almshouses
Listing Date: 22 February 1955
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1036905
English Heritage Legacy ID: 277428
Location: Arwarton, Babergh, Suffolk, IP9
Civil Parish: Arwarton
Traditional County: Suffolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Suffolk
Church of England Parish: Erwarton St Mary the Virgin
Church of England Diocese: St.Edmundsbury and Ipswich
TM 23 SW ERWARTON THE STREET
6/9 Erwarton Almshouses
Row of 3 almshouses. Dated 1740. Red brick. Red plain tiled roofs. Left end,
off centre right and rear chimney stacks. One storey and attics. 3 gabled dormers.
Three 2-light diamond-leaded casements. 2 left and 1 right vertically-boarded
doors, moulded surrounds. 4 S-tie plates below eaves. Central stone plaque
relating 'The Gift of Sir Philip Parker Long Bart, to the poor of Erwarton, 1740'.
Listing NGR: TM2204434699
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings