This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.763 / 52°45'46"N
Longitude: -2.4075 / 2°24'27"W
OS Eastings: 372597
OS Northings: 318452
OS Grid: SJ725184
Mapcode National: GBR 7Y.YXCL
Mapcode Global: WH9CQ.ZTQ6
Entry Name: Talbot Chapel
Listing Date: 18 June 1959
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1037009
English Heritage Legacy ID: 362302
Location: Church Aston, Telford and Wrekin, TF10
County: Telford and Wrekin
Civil Parish: Church Aston
Traditional County: Shropshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire
Church of England Parish: Newport St Nicholas
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
5362 Talbot Chapel
SJ 71NW 24/449 18.6.59
The C13 south chancel chapel is all that remains of the Old Church which is situated
to the north of the present church. It is now the mortuary chapel of the Talbots
and contains a large monument to Thomas Talbot 1686 and his wife 1706, it is a
standing wall-monument with large twisted columns flanking an inscription with a
segmental pediment above, flanked by 2 putti and surrounded by iron railings.
The chapel, former south chancel domed circa C13, is a small sandstone building
with tiled gable ended roof. Two pairs of lancets on north side, wide blocked
arch on south side. Five lancet lights under one arch in the east end. Double-
chamfered 2-centred arch west doorway.
Listing NGR: SJ7259718452
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings