This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.024 / 52°1'26"N
Longitude: 0.9584 / 0°57'30"E
OS Eastings: 603065
OS Northings: 240311
OS Grid: TM030403
Mapcode National: GBR SLP.33P
Mapcode Global: VHKFF.KDJ7
Entry Name: Church of St Andrew
Listing Date: 23 January 1958
Last Amended: 10 July 1980
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1037136
English Heritage Legacy ID: 276848
Location: Layham, Babergh, Suffolk, IP7
Civil Parish: Layham
Traditional County: Suffolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Suffolk
Church of England Parish: Layham St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: St.Edmundsbury and Ipswich
LAYHAM CHURCH LANE
Church of St Andrew
under Village Street)
TM 04 SW 42/694 23.1.58.
A flint and stone church of C14 origin but almost completely renewed
when the church was restored in the C19. The red brick west tower was
built in 1742 to replace an earlier C13-C14 tower of which the nave arch
remains. The interior has a hexagonal C13 font.
Listing NGR: TM0306540311
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings