This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.0402 / 52°2'24"N
Longitude: 0.7259 / 0°43'33"E
OS Eastings: 587054
OS Northings: 241486
OS Grid: TL870414
Mapcode National: GBR QHJ.4B5
Mapcode Global: VHKF3.JZMC
Entry Name: Church of St Gregory
Listing Date: 3 March 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1037548
English Heritage Legacy ID: 275916
Location: Sudbury, Babergh, Suffolk, CO10
Civil Parish: Sudbury
Traditional County: Suffolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Suffolk
Church of England Parish: Sudbury St Gregory with Chilton St Peter
Church of England Diocese: St.Edmundsbury and Ipswich
591/3/3 CHURCH OF ST GREGORY
The mother church of the town and originally collegiate (St Gregory's
college, where is present workhouse west of church). On Saxon site but
mainly Perpendicular with later additions. Some good windows and south
door, 20 miserere stalls. Fine traceried C15 font cover. Head of Archbishop
Simon of Sudbury (Cl4) beheaded by mob in Wat Tylers rebellion 1381, preserved
in niche in vestry.
Listing NGR: TL8705441486
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings