This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.2692 / 52°16'9"N
Longitude: 0.4848 / 0°29'5"E
OS Eastings: 569646
OS Northings: 266362
OS Grid: TL696663
Mapcode National: GBR PBZ.PDR
Mapcode Global: VHJGK.C757
Entry Name: Stable Block 200m North East of Lanwades Hall
Listing Date: 26 June 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1037683
English Heritage Legacy ID: 275628
Location: Moulton, Forest Heath, Suffolk, CB8
District: Forest Heath
Civil Parish: Moulton
Traditional County: Suffolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Suffolk
Church of England Parish: Moulton St Peter
Church of England Diocese: St.Edmundsbury and Ipswich
TL 66 NE MOULTON NEWMARKET ROAD,
2/68 Stable Block,
Stables with loft and grooms quarters above. C.1907, built with
Lanwades Hall. 3 ranges around a court, a wall enclosing the 4th
side. The centre range comprises a coach-house for 3 coaches,
with a stable on either side; the wings each have 2 further
stables with haylofts above. Red brick with parapet gables.
Plaintiled roofs with open eaves and flat-roofed dormers to
lofts. 4-light windows with flat arches of gauged brick and
leaded lights. Framed and boarded stable doors with fanlights
above. Over the coach house are 3 projecting tile-hung gables
supported at the front on timber posts; a central copper-clad
clock tower, with bell protected by a cupola on 8 columns, and
above it a weathervane. Included for group value.
Listing NGR: TL6964666362
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings