This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.0873 / 53°5'14"N
Longitude: -2.0804 / 2°4'49"W
OS Eastings: 394710
OS Northings: 354460
OS Grid: SJ947544
Mapcode National: GBR 24T.GTK
Mapcode Global: WHBCH.0NLJ
Entry Name: Stables and Coach Line Approximately 20 Metres North East of Dunwood Hall
Listing Date: 20 November 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1037806
English Heritage Legacy ID: 275334
Location: Longsdon, Staffordshire Moorlands, Staffordshire, ST9
District: Staffordshire Moorlands
Civil Parish: Longsdon
Traditional County: Staffordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Staffordshire
Church of England Parish: Longsdon St Chad
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
LONGSDON C.P. A53
SJ 55 SW
11/125 Stables and coach
- line approximately
20m north-east of
Stables and coach house. Circa 1871 by Robert Scrivener. Random,
picturesquely coursed hammer-dressed pink sandstone with smooth yellow
sandstone dressings; Westmorland slate roof; verge parapets and
moulded eaves band. 'L'-shaped plan on 2 levels set across carriageway.
Front divided into 2 parts by slightly projecting central gabled coach
entrance; blind pointed arch to apex over label with scrolls; Tudor-
arch coach entry, panelled doors; single pointed arch window to ground
floor to left of entry and 2 trefoil-pattern panels to right side under
eaves and over scroll-finished label; 2 pointed blind embrazures to
ground floor. Columnated, octagonal cupola set on centre of roof;
moulded capitals form springing for corbelled eaves; broached fleche
with lead-covered roof. Lower wing to rear with open front for carts.
Listing NGR: SJ9471054460
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings