History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Almshouses, Boundary Walls and Railings Approximately 100 Metres North of Biddulph Grange almshouses, Boundary Walls and Railings to South and East, Approximately 100 Metres North of Biddulph Grange

A Grade II Listed Building in Biddulph, Staffordshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.1315 / 53°7'53"N

Longitude: -2.1622 / 2°9'43"W

OS Eastings: 389245

OS Northings: 359384

OS Grid: SJ892593

Mapcode National: GBR 12T.L60

Mapcode Global: WHBC7.RKL5

Entry Name: Almshouses, Boundary Walls and Railings Approximately 100 Metres North of Biddulph Grange almshouses, Boundary Walls and Railings to South and East, Approximately 100 Metres North of Biddulph Grange

Listing Date: 20 November 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1037836

English Heritage Legacy ID: 275209

Location: Biddulph, Staffordshire Moorlands, Staffordshire, ST8

County: Staffordshire

District: Staffordshire Moorlands

Civil Parish: Biddulph

Traditional County: Staffordshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Staffordshire

Church of England Parish: Biddulph St Lawrence

Church of England Diocese: Lichfield

Find accommodation in
Congleton

Listing Text

BIDDULPH C.P. BIDDULPH GRANGE
SJ 85 NE
7/4 Almshouses, boundary
- walls and railings
approximately 100m
north of Biddulph Grange

- II

Almshouses, boundary wall and railings. Mid-C19. Red brick with
polychrome brickwork friezes; stone quoins, dressings and boundary
wall; patterned tile roof; verge parapets on shaped kneelers;
brick side and ridge stacks. Symmetrical front of flanking and
central gables (2-storey to centre only) connected by single-storey
set-back links; stone-dressed windows, single lights to apices with
5-light, stone-mullion-and-transom window to first floor of centre
gable. Single 3-light stone-mullioned window to flanking gables and
links with further side-light to boarded entrances at outer extremities
of links, further door to centre gable. Boundary wall to south with
break to left containing Tudor-arch entrance; pyramidal capped pier to
right end with rough-faced panels, serving to flank railings to east;
spearhead, cast iron, on plinth.


Listing NGR: SJ8924559384

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.