History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Booths Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Ipstones, Staffordshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.0364 / 53°2'10"N

Longitude: -1.9813 / 1°58'52"W

OS Eastings: 401352

OS Northings: 348788

OS Grid: SK013487

Mapcode National: GBR 25J.PWR

Mapcode Global: WHBCQ.JYR4

Entry Name: Booths Farmhouse

Listing Date: 3 January 1967

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1038036

English Heritage Legacy ID: 274686

Location: Ipstones, Staffordshire Moorlands, Staffordshire, ST10

County: Staffordshire

District: Staffordshire Moorlands

Civil Parish: Ipstones

Traditional County: Staffordshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Staffordshire

Church of England Parish: Ipstones St Leonard

Church of England Diocese: Lichfield

Find accommodation in
Wetleyrocks

Listing Text

IPSTONES C.P. BELMONT ROAD
SK 04 NW
(south side)
10/194 Booth's Farmhouse
3.1.67

GV II

Farmhouse. Dated 1663 with late C19 alterations. Very large coursed
dressed red sandstone; tiled roof; verge parapets with corbelled
kneelers; brick end stack to left and ridge stack left of centre;
long, low 2-storey front of 3 windows; left side has 2 widely-spaced
2- and 4-light labelled chamfered mullioned casements to the ground
floor and the right side has a similar 4-light window under a C19
two-light casement (the only first-floor window); the elevation is
divided to right of centre by a 2-storey gabled porch projection of
greater eaves height than the house; the gable is blind other than a
small oculus to the centre of the first floor set in a square block with
inscribed circles in angles; later 'peephole' to ground floor.
Original entrance to right side of porch (now blocked) under Tudor
arch with moulded inset spandrels and 2-light mullioned casement
above. Rear elevation has large dormer of 4 labelled mullioned lights
(possibly of later construction than the body of the house) dated on
an inset plaque in moulded surround: AB
presumably referring to a member of 1663
the Booth family.


Listing NGR: SK0135248788

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.