History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Coach House to North of Church of St Anne

A Grade II Listed Building in Brown Edge, Staffordshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.0835 / 53°5'0"N

Longitude: -2.1431 / 2°8'35"W

OS Eastings: 390511

OS Northings: 354041

OS Grid: SJ905540

Mapcode National: GBR 13D.QZ6

Mapcode Global: WHBCG.1RRH

Entry Name: Coach House to North of Church of St Anne

Listing Date: 15 December 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1038130

English Heritage Legacy ID: 274509

Location: Brown Edge, Staffordshire Moorlands, Staffordshire, ST6

County: Staffordshire

District: Staffordshire Moorlands

Civil Parish: Brown Edge

Traditional County: Staffordshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Staffordshire

Church of England Parish: Brown Edge St Anne

Church of England Diocese: Lichfield

Find accommodation in
Endon

Listing Text

BROWN EDGE C.P. CHURCH ROAD
SJ 95 SW
4/21
Coach house to north
- of Church of St Anne

GV II

Coach house. Dated 1846. Coursed squared and dressed stone blocks;
tiled roof; verge parapets and poppy-head finials. Built into the
bank against the church; 2-storey to the north side only with
elliptical carriage arch to the right and stable to the left, the
upper floor of three 2-light casement windows and diagonally-boarded
door to right is reached on the north side by a stone slab balcony
with wrought iron handrail served by steps to the west; a painted
plaque to the centre of the building under the eaves is inscribed:
H H W A hipped, 3-sided bay window faces the church approach
1846 to west. H.H. Williamson was also the patron of the
steeple of the church (q.v.). H.H. Williamson married
the young window of James Brindley, famous for hydraulic engineering,
see Caldon Canal (q.v.) , T.G. Boucher, James Brindley.


Listing NGR: SJ9051154041

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.