This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.731 / 52°43'51"N
Longitude: -2.3876 / 2°23'15"W
OS Eastings: 373920
OS Northings: 314887
OS Grid: SJ739148
Mapcode National: GBR 060.P6K
Mapcode Global: WH9CY.9M86
Entry Name: 1 AND 2, HUGHS BRIDGE (See details for further address information)
Listing Date: 8 April 1983
Last Amended: 14 June 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1038250
English Heritage Legacy ID: 362270
Location: Lilleshall and Donnington, Telford and Wrekin, TF10
County: Telford and Wrekin
Civil Parish: Lilleshall and Donnington
Civil Parish/community: Lilleshall
Traditional County: Shropshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire
Church of England Parish: Lilleshall St Michael and All Angels
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
LILLESHALL HUGH'S BRIDGE OR THE INCLINE
5362 Nos 2 and 3
SJ 71SW 29/417
C18 brick house divided into 2 houses. Tiled roof with parapeted gable ends.
Two-storeys and attic. Two window range. No. 3 has original casements and
No. 2 has modern casements and modern attic storey added. Central boarded door.
Segmental arched door and window openings. Situated on side of and probably
associated with The Donnington Wood Canal which was built when the Earl Gower and
Company was formed in 1764. Lord Gower was the Duke of Bridgewater's brother-in-law
and later Marquis of Stafford whose son became the Duke of Sutherland in 1833.
Listing NGR: SJ7392014887
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings