History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Old Rectory

A Grade II* Listed Building in Tatenhill, Staffordshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.7961 / 52°47'45"N

Longitude: -1.6966 / 1°41'47"W

OS Eastings: 420552

OS Northings: 322101

OS Grid: SK205221

Mapcode National: GBR 4CG.PVY

Mapcode Global: WHCG4.XZ8B

Entry Name: The Old Rectory

Listing Date: 17 September 1952

Last Amended: 8 September 1999

Grade: II*

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1038432

English Heritage Legacy ID: 273665

Location: Tatenhill, East Staffordshire, Staffordshire, DE13

County: Staffordshire

District: East Staffordshire

Civil Parish: Tatenhill

Traditional County: Staffordshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Staffordshire

Church of England Parish: Tatenhill St Michael and All Angels

Church of England Diocese: Lichfield

Find accommodation in
Branston

Listing Text


SK 22 SW TATENHILL MAIN STREET (east side)

6/186 The Old Rectory
17.9.1952

GV II*

Rectory, now house. Early C18. Red brick with stone dressings; tiled roof, verge parapets; end stacks. Double-pile plan. Rural Baroque style. 2-storey and attic, 5-window front; even rusticated quoins, moulded cornice, broken forward over quoins; 18-pane glazing bar sashes with moulded stone cills and keystones; central window has in addition moulded architrave and scrolled consoles on apron; 3 pedimented dormers set behind cornice: central entrance; fluted pilasters to frieze and cornice run into apron of window over; 6-panel door and rectangular overlight with radial glazing bars and elliptical surround. Single-storey service wing attached to north of 2 windows.


Formerly listed as :

TATENHILL C.P. POSTERN ROAD
SK 22 SW
(east side)
6/86 The Old Rectory (formerly
listed as The Rectory)
17.9.52
GV II*

Rectory, now house. Early C18. Red brick with stone dressings; tiled
roof, verge parapets; end stacks. Double-pile plan. Rural Baroque style.
2-storey and attic, 5-window front; even rusticated quoins; moulded
cornice, broken forward over quoins; 18-pane glazing bar sashes with
moulded stone cills and keystones; central window has in addition moulded
architrave and scrolled consoles on apron; 3 pedimented dormers set behind
cornice; central entrance; fluted pilasters to frieze and cornice run
into apron of window over; 6-panel door and rectangular overlight with
radial glazing bars and elliptical surround. Single-storey service wing
attached to north of 2 windows.

Listing NGR: SK2055222101

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.