This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.8466 / 52°50'47"N
Longitude: -1.6516 / 1°39'5"W
OS Eastings: 423563
OS Northings: 327735
OS Grid: SK235277
Mapcode National: GBR 5D8.H8G
Mapcode Global: WHCFZ.LQR2
Entry Name: Lychgate and War Memorial to Church of St Mary
Listing Date: 26 March 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1038461
English Heritage Legacy ID: 273642
Location: Rolleston on Dove, East Staffordshire, Staffordshire, DE13
District: East Staffordshire
Civil Parish: Rolleston on Dove
Traditional County: Staffordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Staffordshire
Church of England Parish: Rolleston St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
ROLLESTON C.P. CHURCH ROAD
SK 22 NW
- Lychgate and War
Memorial to Church
of St Mary
Lychgate and war memorial. Circa 1920. Sandstone ashlar plinth to timber
frame; tiled roof. Single storey gable faces road front with centre post
and ogee-curved struts, cusped bargeboards and cambered brattished tie over
segmental arch entry with carved spandrels; chamfered-top plinth rises up
to within 600mm of tie beam with small fretted panels either side of entry
let into the small space to the side wall framing; side elevations also
have carved fretted panels between frame. Painted memorial descriptions
on interior members. Forms road frontage of otherwise rather bare north
approach to church.
Listing NGR: SK2356527734
This List entry has been amended to add sources for War Memorials Online and the War Memorials Register. These sources were not used in the compilation of this List entry but are added here as a guide for further reading, 19 January 2017.
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings