This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.7813 / 52°46'52"N
Longitude: -1.7189 / 1°43'7"W
OS Eastings: 419060
OS Northings: 320452
OS Grid: SK190204
Mapcode National: GBR 4CM.Q7W
Mapcode Global: WHCGB.KCQ3
Entry Name: Dunstall Hall and Attached Orangery
Listing Date: 17 September 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1038487
English Heritage Legacy ID: 273603
Location: Dunstall, East Staffordshire, Staffordshire, DE13
District: East Staffordshire
Civil Parish: Dunstall
Traditional County: Staffordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Staffordshire
Church of England Parish: Dunstall St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
DUNSTALL C.P. DUNSTALL
SK 12 SE
5/25 Dunstall Hall and
Country house. Early Cl9, altered and extended mid-C19. Ashlar; flat
roof invisible behind cornice and balustraded parapet; ashlar stacks
beyond parapet. Large L-shaped plan. Garden front: to east of 2 storeys
and 3:4:3 bays; raised string at first floor level; glazing bar sashes,
glazing bars removed to ground floor; lower set-back central recess; 7-
bay orangery attached to right; semi-circular headed glazing bar sashes.
Entrance front: to south. 1850s Tetrastyle, Ionic porte cochere with
parapet fretted to form "IS QUIDEDIT MIHI SERVIT"; tripartite sash to bay
oven surmounted by frieze at parapet level and pediment set against attic.
storey tower; pediment has coat-of-arms in a cartouche; all set against
side of-early C19 house, 2 windows to left of porch and one (formerly 2)
to right. Chamfered break to left end leads into late C19 ballroom wing of
7 bays and similar style, finished by 3-sided bay. The entrance set beyond
the porte cochere is finely carved with low-relief hunting scenes in art
nouveau style, carried across the 2 leaves of the door by Edward Griffiths,
circa and dated 1898. Interior: staircase, also by Griffiths, circa 1900,
depicting carved foliage and zoo animals; Roman mosaic to main hall of
Cerberus and said to come from Tivoli. B.o.E.
Listing NGR: SK1906020452
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings