This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.7641 / 52°45'50"N
Longitude: -1.7229 / 1°43'22"W
OS Eastings: 418792
OS Northings: 318536
OS Grid: SK187185
Mapcode National: GBR 4CT.P77
Mapcode Global: WHCGB.HSSB
Entry Name: Church of St James
Listing Date: 12 March 1964
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1038545
English Heritage Legacy ID: 273438
Location: Barton-under-Needwood, East Staffordshire, Staffordshire, DE13
District: East Staffordshire
Civil Parish: Barton-under-Needwood
Traditional County: Staffordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Staffordshire
Church of England Parish: Barton-under-Needwood
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
5369 BARTON-UNDER-NEEDWOOD CHURCH LANE
SK 1800 1/1 -----------
Church of St James
Parish Church. Dated 1517 and built by Dr John Taylor, a native of the village,
noted ecclesiastic, and chaplain to Henry VIII. Built of stone with embattled
parapets. Nave and aisles (aisles widened C19), clerestory and polygonal apse.
Nave and chancel retain original low pitched roofs. Contains several monuments,
notable a good alabaster mural monument of 1691 to Joseph Sanders and a marble
tablet to Edmund Antrobus (1732) and wife (1728).
Listing NGR: SK1879918537
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings