This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.6289 / 52°37'43"N
Longitude: -2.486 / 2°29'9"W
OS Eastings: 367199
OS Northings: 303568
OS Grid: SJ671035
Mapcode National: GBR BW.7GP8
Mapcode Global: WH9DG.S5CZ
Entry Name: 2-4 Southside
Listing Date: 9 August 1974
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1038639
English Heritage Legacy ID: 362154
Location: The Gorge, Telford and Wrekin, TF8
County: Telford and Wrekin
Civil Parish: The Gorge
Built-Up Area: Telford
Traditional County: Shropshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire
Church of England Parish: Ironbridge
Church of England Diocese: Hereford
This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 30/06/2014
SJ 6703 NW 15/294
CHURCH HILL (south-west side),
(Formerly listed as No 26 (Ironbridge Gorge Museum Trust))
Circa 1841. Later alterations and additions. Former Municipal Offices. Buff brick. Built on side of hill with 2-storey front to road and 4 storeys at rear. Front has projecting gabled bay to right, sash and modern casement windows, the former with brick hood moulds. The elevation to south is the more attractive having mullioned transomed windows with hood moulds, semi-circular, 3-storeyed bay on left-hand side surmounted by open balustrade and 2-storeyed gabled bay projecting to right. Modillion eaves; tiles.
Captain Webb, the celebrated swimmer, lived here circa 1870.
Listing NGR: SJ6719903568
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings