History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Town Hall

A Grade II Listed Building in Shobnall, Staffordshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.808 / 52°48'28"N

Longitude: -1.6454 / 1°38'43"W

OS Eastings: 424001

OS Northings: 323438

OS Grid: SK240234

Mapcode National: GBR 5DN.YNB

Mapcode Global: WHCG5.PPP6

Entry Name: Town Hall

Listing Date: 22 June 1979

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1038703

English Heritage Legacy ID: 273005

Location: Shobnall, East Staffordshire, Staffordshire, DE14

County: Staffordshire

District: East Staffordshire

Civil Parish: Shobnall

Traditional County: Staffordshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Staffordshire

Church of England Parish: Burton St Aidan and St Paul

Church of England Diocese: Lichfield

Find accommodation in
Horninglow

Listing Text

KING EDWARD PLACE
1.
5369
Town Hall
SK 2323 SE 5/95
SK 22 SW 6/95

II GV

2.
1878 and later. Gothic style. Red brick with stone dressings. The original
portion built by Reginald Churchill for Michael Thomas Bass. 2 storeys with
gables. Each bay has a 3-light window in foil-headed stone surround with mullions
and transom, the lights with foil heads and quatrefoil panels below; elaborate
decoration with bands of blind quatrefoils at 1st storey and to parapet; coped
gabled and stone piers with pnnacles supporting figures of lions bearing standards.
Later portion, on left-hand side, is of 1894 and in similar style, with clock
tower and doorway below in stone surround and with wrought iron porte-cochere.
2-storeyed wing to left is of 3 bays, each with 3-light stone mullioned window,
the centre bay projecting and with gable and angled buttresses. Elaborate
single-storeyed wing on left-hand side containing Concert Hall has various
projecting gabled bays with pointed arched windows and an arched doorway to
right. Tiled roofs.


Listing NGR: SK2400123438

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.