History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Church of All Saints

A Grade II Listed Building in Acton Trussell and Bednall, Staffordshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.758 / 52°45'28"N

Longitude: -2.0683 / 2°4'5"W

OS Eastings: 395490

OS Northings: 317828

OS Grid: SJ954178

Mapcode National: GBR 28W.5WV

Mapcode Global: WHBF1.6XCZ

Entry Name: Church of All Saints

Listing Date: 2 January 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1039247

English Heritage Legacy ID: 271659

Location: Acton Trussell and Bednall, South Staffordshire, Staffordshire, ST17

County: Staffordshire

District: South Staffordshire

Civil Parish: Acton Trussell and Bednall

Traditional County: Staffordshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Staffordshire

Church of England Parish: Acton Trussell St James

Church of England Diocese: Lichfield

Find accommodation in
Milford

Listing Text

SJ 91 NE ACTON TRUSSELL, BEDNALL BEDNALL
AND TEDDESLEY HAY C.P.

4/11 Church of All Saints
-

GV II

Chapel-of-ease. 1846. By H. Ward with addition and alterations of
1873. Chisel dressed ashlar; shaped tile roofs with coped verges on
shaped kneelers. South-west tower with diagonal buttresses; 5-bay
nave with 3-bay south-east aisle, single-bay chancel, north-east vestry;
late C13 Gothic style. South-west tower: 3 stages marked by strings,
ball flower ornamented band with stone steeple above of c.1873; first
stage has pointed south doorway with nook shafts and roll and fillet
moulded arch, small rectangular loop to west side; second stage has
circular clocks to each side with hood moulds terminating in heads;
paired belfry openings with banded nook shafts, single trefoil headed
lights within pointed arches; quarter round stair turret to north-west
corner with pointed door. Nave and south aisle; lancet windows with
hood moulds terminating in heads, pointed west window of 3 lights with
Geometrical tracery and hood mould terminating in heads; nave has
angle buttresses, south aisle has diagonal buttresses and a central
pointed doorway. Chancel: East window has cusped intersecting tracery
incorporating Geometrical tracery and a hood mould terminating in heads.
Vestry: Pointed door to east, lancet to north. Interior: Pointed
nave arcade of 2 roll and fillet moulded orders springing from quadrilobe
columns also with fillet, and water holding bases and moulded capitals;
pointed chancel arch; nave roof of braced secondary rafters supporting
a collar with braced king-posts above, 2 pairs of purlins and a plank
ridge; chancel roof has arch braces crossed near the apex. Fittings:
Circular stone font with moulded base and basin with panelled sides and
nook shafts; hexagonal stone pulpit with dog-tooth ornament around the
top. Stained glass: Good west window of 1894, east window 1862, three
windows to the north late C19.


Listing NGR: SJ9549017828

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.