This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.7072 / 52°42'26"N
Longitude: -2.284 / 2°17'2"W
OS Eastings: 380910
OS Northings: 312212
OS Grid: SJ809122
Mapcode National: GBR 06J.CCB
Mapcode Global: WH9D5.W6LW
Entry Name: The Old Rectory
Listing Date: 15 January 1975
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1039276
English Heritage Legacy ID: 271527
Location: Blymhill and Weston-under-Lizard, South Staffordshire, Staffordshire, TF11
District: South Staffordshire
Civil Parish: Blymhill and Weston-under-Lizard
Traditional County: Staffordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Staffordshire
Church of England Parish: Blymhill St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
SJ 81 SW BLYMHILL C.P. BLYMHILL.
4/20 The Old Rectory.
Rectory, now House. Core 1770s, substantially re-built circa 1824 and
altered circa 19O6. Rendered brickwork; shallow, hipped slate roof with
widely projecting eaves and centre stacks. Square plan with off centre
entrance. Two storey front, raised plinth and first floor cill bands,
four windows, C2O imitations of tourer glazing bar sashes; door of 1906
with pilastered surround and scrolled corbels to flat hood; overlight
with diagonal glazing bars. Garden front - 2-3-2 windows, the three
middle ones in a fall-height angled bay. Recess to rear supported by
two plain columns in antis without entablature. The entrance elevation
was formerly flanked by a G. E. Street wing: now destroyed. An engraving
dated 1797 in the Church shows the earlier building.
Listing NGR: SJ8091112210
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings