This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.6273 / 52°37'38"N
Longitude: -2.2017 / 2°12'6"W
OS Eastings: 386445
OS Northings: 303299
OS Grid: SJ864032
Mapcode National: GBR 18Y.85X
Mapcode Global: WHBFR.47V6
Entry Name: Codsall Railway Station and Footbridge
Listing Date: 28 March 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1039325
English Heritage Legacy ID: 271446
Location: Codsall, South Staffordshire, Staffordshire, WV8
District: South Staffordshire
Civil Parish: Codsall
Traditional County: Staffordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Staffordshire
Church of England Parish: Codsall St Nicholas
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
CODSALL C.P. STATION ROAD
SJ 80 SE
8/138 Codsall Railway Station
Railway station and fontbridge. Railway Station: c1850.
Red brick with painted stone dressings; slate roof covered
in roofing felt; brick stacks with moulded stone capping.
Italianate in the style of the Shrewsbury and Birmingham
line, 1 and 2 storeys; 4 bays; irregular, 2 storey
projecting gable with moulded wooden barge boards and
finial; 2 storey bay set back to right with ground floor
twin round headed arches, that on the right blocked, that
to left with board door; 2 single storey bays set back to
left, that to far left with pyramidal roof and finial and
blocked round arch doorway; 2, 3 and 4 light round arch
windows with plate glass sashes, lst floor on sill band,
the rest with bracketed sills. Footbridge: dated 1883.
Cast iron, corrugated iron roof with painted barge boards
and gable finials. 2 flights with central gangway over
railway line; iron lattice guard; palmette capped columns
to landings; G.W.R. emblem and date of 1883 at each end
of central gangway. The Shrewsbury and Birmingham Railway
opened in 1849 and was taken over by the Great Western
Railway in 1854.
Listing NGR: SJ8644503299
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings