This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.1583 / 52°9'29"N
Longitude: -0.5985 / 0°35'54"W
OS Eastings: 495972
OS Northings: 252042
OS Grid: SP959520
Mapcode National: GBR F08.RHR
Mapcode Global: VHFQ5.K0ZR
Entry Name: Station House
Listing Date: 27 August 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1039545
English Heritage Legacy ID: 431229
Location: Turvey, Bedford, MK43
Civil Parish: Turvey
Traditional County: Bedfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Bedfordshire
Church of England Parish: Turvey
Church of England Diocese: St.Albans
TURVEY STATION ROAD
29/635 Station House
Former station building now used as offices. Built in 1872. Coursed
limestone rubble. Clay tile roof. Stone gable coping, moulded kneelers and
eaves cornice. 3 bay plan. Two storeys. Ashlar gable end ridge chimney
stacks with string course and projecting cornice. N.W. elevation: three small
gables with scalloped bargeboards over first floor windows. First floor,
three 3-light casement winoows. Ground floor has four casement windows; to
left-hand side a pair of 2-light casements with timber mullion and high level
transom. The pair is divided by a stone mullion. To right of these are two
2-light casements with high level transom. These flank a large gable doorhood
on timber brackets supported on stone piers. To each gable end is a
contemporary one storey wing in the same style as the main building. The N.E.
one of a single bay has gable end chimney stack. The S.W. one of two bays.
Added to both these wings are later flat-roofed stone extensions.
Listing NGR: SP9597252042
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings