This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.2368 / 52°14'12"N
Longitude: -0.8959 / 0°53'45"W
OS Eastings: 475491
OS Northings: 260418
OS Grid: SP754604
Mapcode National: GBR BW8.N9N
Mapcode Global: VHDS5.F16L
Entry Name: County Hall
Listing Date: 9 December 1968
Last Amended: 22 January 1976
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1039665
English Heritage Legacy ID: 232053
Location: Northampton, Northamptonshire, NN1
District Council Ward: Castle
Built-Up Area: Northampton
Traditional County: Northamptonshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northamptonshire
Church of England Parish: Northampton All Saints with St Katherine
Church of England Diocese: Peterborough
1. GEORGE ROW
(Formerly listed as
Court House, (West Wing))
SP 7560 SW 3/354 9.12.68.
C18 house rebuilt 1845 by James Milne. Remodelling by Edmund Law, 1890, further
alterations by Aston Webb circa 1900. Ashlar. 2 storeys with dentil cornice
to entablature, blocking course. Rusticated ground floor with Tuscan pilasters.
1st floor Roman Ionic half columqs. 5 sash windows, ground floor round heads
with mask keystones, 1st floor eared architrave surrounds under alternate segmental
and triangular pediments on consoles, central pediment broken, all beneath oblong
panels with swags in relief.
Interior: half oval council chamber by Edmund Law, 189O; entrance hall, octagon
room and staircase by Aston Webb.
Judge's Lodgings, Sessions House, County Hall, County Council Offices & Nos 8,
8A, 9 & 9A form a group.
Listing NGR: SP7549160418
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings