This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.3699 / 53°22'11"N
Longitude: -2.0006 / 2°0'2"W
OS Eastings: 400059
OS Northings: 385895
OS Grid: SK000858
Mapcode National: GBR GYGG.PP
Mapcode Global: WHBB5.7KLD
Entry Name: Church of St James the Less and attached Almshouses
Listing Date: 2 November 1955
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1039875
English Heritage Legacy ID: 81855
Location: New Mills, High Peak, Derbyshire, SK22
District: High Peak
Civil Parish: New Mills
Traditional County: Derbyshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Derbyshire
Church of England Parish: New Mills St George
Church of England Diocese: Derby
SPRING BANK ROAD (West Side),
Church of St James the Less and attached Almshouses
Nos 1 to 6 (consec) St James's Square
Former church and attached almshouses form a composition of 1880 by W Swindon Barber on the north and west sides of a court. Almshouses on the west and north link with the church on the north-east corner, next to the roadway. Stone and green slates. The almshouses are gabled, with mullion and transom windows and doorway openings in the form of a pointed arch, in pairs. The church has lancets at the side and in the hexagonal apse; the western gable with bell cote contains coupled lights with tracery. Windows with dripmoulds with human mask terminals. Porch to road. The interior is of the period and has stained glass.
Listing NGR: SK0005985895
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings