This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.2768 / 51°16'36"N
Longitude: -0.2442 / 0°14'38"W
OS Eastings: 522567
OS Northings: 154535
OS Grid: TQ225545
Mapcode National: GBR JHC.YY0
Mapcode Global: VHGS2.Q58K
Entry Name: Orangery at the Island
Listing Date: 3 April 1989
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1039977
English Heritage Legacy ID: 361743
Location: Reigate and Banstead, Surrey, KT20
District: Reigate and Banstead
Town: Reigate and Banstead
District Council Ward: Tadworth and Walton
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey
Church of England Parish: Walton-on-the-Hill
Church of England Diocese: Guildford
TQ 25 SW WALTON ON THE HILL HEATH DRIVE
6/50 Orangery at The Island
Orangery. 1913. By Sir E Lutyens for the Countess of Londesborough. Red brick
in English bond with red tile roof. Single cell plan in an early C18 manner.
One storey, three bays, large 10 pane sashes flank. Flank similar but with
lower sash incorporated in a French door. Hipped roof with large brick stack
to left, wooden gutter/cornice. Large modern opening in east gable wall. Interior
not inspected but retains shutters. It is reported that the main room has a
bolection moulded stone fireplace with moulded timber surround, flanking pilasters
and flanking raised and fielded doors of 6 panels. The walls are decorated with
a moulded skirting board, a timber dado rail, raised and fielded plaster panels,
topped with a heavy cornice. The ceiling is covered with a central moulded panel.
The windows have thick glazing bars, rounded on the inside.
Listing NGR: TQ2256754535
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings