History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Stables Approximately 20 Metres North East of Church of the Holy Trinity

A Grade II Listed Building in Blatherwycke, Northamptonshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.5513 / 52°33'4"N

Longitude: -0.5641 / 0°33'50"W

OS Eastings: 497453

OS Northings: 295797

OS Grid: SP974957

Mapcode National: GBR DVP.25N

Mapcode Global: VHFN8.54MH

Entry Name: Stables Approximately 20 Metres North East of Church of the Holy Trinity

Listing Date: 12 October 1988

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1040094

English Heritage Legacy ID: 233034

Location: Blatherwycke, East Northamptonshire, Northamptonshire, PE8

County: Northamptonshire

District: East Northamptonshire

Civil Parish: Blatherwycke

Traditional County: Northamptonshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northamptonshire

Church of England Parish: Bulwick and Blatherwycke St Nicholas

Church of England Diocese: Peterborough

Find accommodation in
Duddington

Listing Text

BLATHERWYCKE BLATHERWYCKE PARK
SP9795
17/28 Stables approx. 20m NE of
Church of the Holy Trinity
GV II
Stables now workshop. Datestone D.OB 1770, for Doriatus O'Brien of Blatherwyke
Hall. Limestone ashlar with Collyweston slate roof. U-shape plan around a
courtyard. 2 storeys. courtyard-elevation of 5 bays has central carriage arch
with plain segmental head. 2 coach house doors, to left, with similar arch-heads
and one similar opening to right, now blocked. Doorway and window with
semi-circular heads, to far right. 2-window range at first floor, of square-head
sash openings under gauged stone heads, right hand window retains sash. Centre 3
bays of this elevation break forward slightly. 3-window ranges, flanking at
right angles, are similar to main range. Central arch-head doorways. End
elevation of right range has similar window openings. Moulded stone cornice and
hipped roof. Datestone above central carriage arch has armorial device, with arm
and sword, below. Rear elevation of main range is blank with central carriage
arch. One inner return wall of carriage arch has timber framing with brick
infill. C20 windows inserted into rear and side elevation, to left of main
front. Various single storey extensions to side elevations. Interior not
inspected. Formerly stables to Blatherwyke Hall which was demolished in 1948.
(RCHM: An Inventory of Architectural Monuments in North Northamptonshire: p22)


Listing NGR: SP9745395797

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.