History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Number 11/13 and Easton on the Hill Post Office

A Grade II Listed Building in Easton on the Hill, Northamptonshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.6279 / 52°37'40"N

Longitude: -0.5066 / 0°30'23"W

OS Eastings: 501175

OS Northings: 304392

OS Grid: TF011043

Mapcode National: GBR FW3.BQ5

Mapcode Global: WHGM3.660R

Entry Name: Number 11/13 and Easton on the Hill Post Office

Listing Date: 12 October 1988

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1040097

English Heritage Legacy ID: 233046

Location: Easton on the Hill, East Northamptonshire, Northamptonshire, PE9

County: Northamptonshire

District: East Northamptonshire

Civil Parish: Easton on the Hill

Traditional County: Northamptonshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northamptonshire

Church of England Parish: Easton-on-the-Hill All Saints

Church of England Diocese: Peterborough

Find accommodation in
Easton on the Hill

Listing Text

EASTON ON THE HILL CHURCH STREET
TF0104 (West side)
11/41 No.11/13 and Easton-on-the-
Hill Post Office
GV II
House, now house and shop. Datestone H/RM/1677 for Robert Henson under lease
from Browne's hospital of Stamford. Datestone ISM/1680 refers to extension for
John Shirley; shop is early C19. Squared coursed limestone and ironstone with
Collyweston slate roof. Originally 2-unit plan extended to 3 units in 1680. 2
storeys. 3-window range with 3-light stone mullion windows to far right. The
ground floor mullions are ovolo-moulded and the first floor one chamfered. Other
windows are C19 casements, under wood lintels. 2-light window, to right, was
originally a door. C20 six-panel door to left of centre is under wood lintel.
Raised band between floors. Straight joint at junction of main range with right
bay. Central ashlar stack has pulvinated frieze. Ashlar stack to right end and
stone stack at left end. One-bay 2-storey extension, attached to left is now a
shop. C19 casement window to first floor. Interior not inspected but noted as
having an open fireplace.
(RCHM: An Inventory of Architectural Monuments in North Northamptonshire: p56)


Listing NGR: TF0117504392

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.