This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.5973 / 52°35'50"N
Longitude: -0.5455 / 0°32'43"W
OS Eastings: 498614
OS Northings: 300941
OS Grid: SK986009
Mapcode National: GBR FWG.0X8
Mapcode Global: WHGM2.LZG6
Entry Name: Duddington Mill
Listing Date: 23 May 1967
Last Amended: 31 March 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1040112
English Heritage Legacy ID: 232979
Location: Duddington-with-Fineshade, East Northamptonshire, Northamptonshire, PE9
District: East Northamptonshire
Civil Parish: Duddington-with-Fineshade
Traditional County: Northamptonshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northamptonshire
Church of England Parish: Duddington St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Peterborough
DUDDINGTON MILL STREET
SK9800 (South side)
9/112 Duddington Hill
23/05/67 (Formerly listed as Mill
(offices of J.J. Dewhurst
Watermill now offices. Datestones NI MI/TI.1664/SE/John St/1724 and 1793.TS. for
Thomas Soden, extended early C19. Squared coursed limestone and red brick with
Collyweston slate roof. Irregular L-shape plan. 2 and 3storeys. Elevation to
road of 3 bays. Bay to left is gable end with leaded casement to first floor,
under wood lintel, and similar casement to second floor, under gauged stone head
with keyblock. Centre bay breaks forward, with gable end abutting the road.
Leaded casements to first and second floors of gable end, are under wood
lintels. Mansard roof with timber framed panel in gable end. Bay to right was
the wheel-house. River passes through semi-circular arch. Hipped roof. Reset
datestone 1664. The centre bay and wheel house were probably added early C19.
Right hand elevation of the wheel-house has 2 leaded casements. Gable at
abuttment of wheel-house with main range is tile hung. Elevation to left is a
2-window range of 2-light stone mullion windows, at first floor. Garage doors at
ground flour; part of wall is brickwork. Plank door under wood lintel. Range to
left has a lower eaves level with 3 Lincolnshire eaves dormers. 2 plank doors
under wood lintels. Rear elevation, abutting the river, has some stone mullion
windows. Interior not inspected but noted as having no machinery remaining.
(RCHH: An Inventory of Architectural Monuments in North Northamptonshire: p46)
Listing NGR: SK9861400941
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings