History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Brook Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Lutton, Northamptonshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.4774 / 52°28'38"N

Longitude: -0.3655 / 0°21'55"W

OS Eastings: 511104

OS Northings: 287860

OS Grid: TL111878

Mapcode National: GBR GZC.QDJ

Mapcode Global: VHFNK.MZ3Q

Entry Name: Brook Farmhouse

Listing Date: 22 June 1983

Last Amended: 25 January 1988

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1040230

English Heritage Legacy ID: 232650

Location: Lutton, East Northamptonshire, Northamptonshire, PE8

County: Northamptonshire

District: East Northamptonshire

Civil Parish: Lutton

Traditional County: Northamptonshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northamptonshire

Church of England Parish: Lutton St Peter

Church of England Diocese: Peterborough

Find accommodation in
Stilton

Listing Text

TL18NW
10/95
22/06/83


LUTTON
MAIN STREET
(East side)
Brook Farmhouse
(Formerly listed as Brook Farm Cottage)


GV
II


Farmhouse. Late C16 altered early C17, extended 1698. Regular coursed limestone
with Collyweston slate roof. Originally 3-unit plan with cross passage, now 4
units. Single storey with attic. 4-window range of C19 casements, under wood
lintels, to far left and right. C19 square wooden bay windows to left and right
of centre. 2 gabled eaves dormers, with C19 casements, to left. Central, C20
door, under wood lintel. Ashlar quoins. 2 ashlar stacks at ridge and brick
stacks at ends. Right gable has datestone. Rear elevation is similar with C19
additions. Interior: drawing room to left of entrance has open fireplace with
bressumer. Entrance hall and kitchen have remains of open fireplaces. The room
to far left of the entrance hall was originally subdivided, mortice holes remain
in the spine beam. Drawing room has stop-chamfered spine beam. Room to far left
has a wall post with painted design, probably C17. The kitchen was probably
added in 1698. Some original roof timbers remain.
(RCHM: An Inventory of Architectural Monuments in North Northamptonshire: p118)

Listing NGR: TL1110487860

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.