This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.4523 / 52°27'8"N
Longitude: -0.458 / 0°27'28"W
OS Eastings: 504884
OS Northings: 284931
OS Grid: TL048849
Mapcode National: GBR FY9.C07
Mapcode Global: VHFNQ.0MQF
Entry Name: Walls and Attached Gatearch Approximately 50 Metres South and East of the Rectory
Listing Date: 25 January 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1040249
English Heritage Legacy ID: 232596
Location: Barnwell, East Northamptonshire, Northamptonshire, PE8
District: East Northamptonshire
Civil Parish: Barnwell
Built-Up Area: Barnwell
Traditional County: Northamptonshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northamptonshire
Church of England Parish: Barnwell St Andrew with All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Peterborough
BARNWELL BARNWELL ST. ANDREW
21/41 Walls and attached gatearch
approx 50m S and E of the
Walls and attached gatearch. Probably late C18 and C19 with some reset medieval
masonry, restored C20. Squared coursed limestone. Wall abutting the road has
ashlar coping. Wall between Rectory garden and churchyard has soldier course
copings, restored C20. Medieval gatearch between Rectory garden and churchyard
has 2-centred arch head and chamfered surround. Three 2-light medieval windows
to right of gatearch. Centre window has quatrefoil circle, window to far right
has central column. Medieval masonry probably erected as a folly by Rev. Roberts
about 1823 using masonry from All Saints Church now All Saints Chancel (q.v.).
Included for group value.
Listing NGR: TL0488484931
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings