This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.3065 / 52°18'23"N
Longitude: -0.593 / 0°35'34"W
OS Eastings: 496026
OS Northings: 268526
OS Grid: SP960685
Mapcode National: GBR DYK.6XF
Mapcode Global: VHFPD.N9V6
Entry Name: Numbers 7 and 8 and Attached Shop
Listing Date: 23 September 1950
Last Amended: 17 June 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1040363
English Heritage Legacy ID: 232364
Location: Higham Ferrers, East Northamptonshire, Northamptonshire, NN10
District: East Northamptonshire
Civil Parish: Higham Ferrers
Traditional County: Northamptonshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northamptonshire
Church of England Parish: Higham Ferrers St Mary the Virgin
Church of England Diocese: Peterborough
Nos.7 and 8 and attached shop
(Formerly listed as No.7, No.8)
Town house, now 3 flats, house and shop. Mid C18. Squared coursed limestone with
ashlar dressings, Collyweston slate and concrete tile roofs. Double-depth plan.
2 storeys with attic. 8-window range; centre 2 bays have pediment over. Unhorned
sash windows with glazing bars to first floor and ground floor centre 2 bays.
Those at first floor are under a continuous raised band and those at ground
floor have gauged stone heads with keyblocks. 2 bays to ground floor left have
tripartite sash windows with glazing bars, under rendered heads. Panelled door
between left hand bays has moulded plaster surround. Early C20 shop front to 3
bays to far right. Rusticated quoins to corners and flanking centre 2 bays.
Moulded cornice with parapet above, having upturned ends. Flat-topped roof
dormers with horizontal sliding sash windows. Ashlar gable parapets and stone
stacks at ridge and end. Armorial plaque in pediment. Rear elevation has 3
irregular gables. Interior of No.7 has staircase with stick balustrade.
Listing NGR: SP9602668526
Other nearby listed buildings