History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Baptist Chapel and School Room

A Grade II Listed Building in Weston and Weedon, Northamptonshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.1177 / 52°7'3"N

Longitude: -1.141 / 1°8'27"W

OS Eastings: 458911

OS Northings: 246947

OS Grid: SP589469

Mapcode National: GBR 8TV.6BZ

Mapcode Global: VHCW5.51MD

Entry Name: Baptist Chapel and School Room

Listing Date: 4 July 1985

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1040403

English Heritage Legacy ID: 234247

Location: Weston and Weedon, South Northamptonshire, Northamptonshire, NN12

County: Northamptonshire

District: South Northamptonshire

Civil Parish: Weston and Weedon

Traditional County: Northamptonshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northamptonshire

Church of England Parish: Lois Weedon St Mary and St Peter

Church of England Diocese: Peterborough

Find accommodation in
Moreton Pinkney

Listing Text

WESTON AND WEEDON HIGH STREET
SP54NE (South side)
Weston
4/205 Baptist Chapel and School Roo
GV II

Baptist chapel. Late C18. Ironstone ashlar. Pyramid shaped slate roof. One
storey, 3 bays. Central doorway with wood surround; 6-panel double door with
overlight and arch timber hood on brackets. Long 40-pane sash window with plain
stone frame on either side. Interior: Victorian fittings, including gallery
around 3 sides with panelled front framing band of filigree ironwork. School to
right, probably early C19. Rendered walls, slate roof, 2 storeys, 2 bays.
Entrance in left bay has wood lintel and 6-panel door with overlight. Two
20-pane sash windows to right, 2-light transom casement windows with wood
lintels on first flour, Interior not inspected. The chapel is noted as having
been built in 1791.
(Buildings of England: Northamptonshire, p.452).


Listing NGR: SP5891146947

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.